Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This is a good TTT as it will help make me accountable for my goals for 2015.
1. Finish Eleanor and Park. I loved Fangirl but I struggled through the first few chapters of E & P. I want to revisit it and actually finish it.
2. Read more books by Aussie Authors. I dedicated last July to Aussie authors and it was great.
3. Read more steampunk. I’ve read The Book of Days, which was pretty darn cool. Also the Infernal Devices which I enjoyed. I need more steampunk in my life.
4. Write regularly. While writing everyday would be a dream, I’ll aim to write regularly each week and see how that goes.
5. Do writing exercises. I need to strengthen my prose muscles and that means reps, reps and more reps.
6. Be more diligent noting down ideas. I’ve become lax in this, especially when the ideas come to me at 3am. Turns out I will not remember those brilliant gems when I wake up later.
7. Blog weekly. Well, maybe fortnightly. Oh, and learn how to do .gifs. I really want some Buffy and Supernatural .gifs in my posts. I think that would improve things.
8. Finish and publish my blog post about ‘Strong Female Characters’. I’ve been working on this one for a while and just when I think it’s done, something else about females and stereotypes sets me off again.
9. Start approaching publishers. I’ve been dragging my feet on this because it seems a daunting task.
10. Start approaching agents. Again, I need to get my act into gear.
Do you have any reading/writing goals for 2015?